Privacystatement ProNews Producties
Last change: 12/23/2018
Your privacy is also of great importance to us as a website. We therefore adhere to the Privacy Act (AVG) for this purpose. In this privacy statement we explain what we do with the information we collect about you.
With the contact form on our website you can ask us questions, contact us and / or send tips. For this we use your e-mail address, IP address, your name and possibly your telephone number. When sending the contact form, you automatically give permission for this.
The information that we collect about you as a result is saved. The period for this is not fixed. By default we save your data until your question, tip or complaint has been processed. On top of that, your data is kept for a minimum of six (6) months, in order to get lessons in the future. If the situation so requires, this period can always be extended by three (3) months. You agree with this if you contact us via the contact form.
With the same cookies, we can also see that you are visiting our website again. When you visit our website for the first time, we display a message explaining cookies. If you continue to use our website afterwards, we assume that you have no objection to the cookies. You can disable the placement of cookies through your browser, but some parts of our website will no longer work properly.
We use Google Analytics to keep track of how visitors view our website. We have entered into a processing agreement with Google. Strict agreements have been made about what they can keep.
Google is not permitted to use the information obtained for other Google services than Google Analytics. Your IP address will be made anonymous by Google. This means that the information cannot be traced back to a person or computer.
The security of your personal data is very important to us. We have taken the following measures to guarantee your privacy:
- We use a secure connection (SSL or Secure Sockets Layer). This means that the connection between you and our web servers is completely protected when you enter data.
- Third parties do not get access to the personal data and messages from people who contact us in any way, unless explicit permission has been requested and given. This also applies to the social media channels.
This website is used exclusively for journalistic and informational purposes. The AVG, a European law, obliges countries to make exceptions for the processing of personal data for journalistic purposes. In short, that means the following:
- You cannot be asked to remove names from this website (the right to forget is not applicable)
- If permission has been given for the publication of privacy-sensitive images or texts, this cannot be withdrawn (right of withdrawal does not apply)
- A rectification of personal data cannot be requested (right to rectification does not apply)
- It is not possible to request access to the processing of personal data by this website and its partners (the right to access does not apply)
- No objection can be made to the processing of personal data (right to object to the processing of personal data is not applicable)
- Personal data known to this website cannot be requested (right to data portability does not apply)
Of course we are flexible and we can therefore decide to deviate from our rights to accommodate an interested party. The above points are included in Article 43 of the AVG Implementing Act.
We may only process personal data if this is necessary for a journalistic purpose. Privacy is our top priority. So we will not just disclose personal data, people's faces will be made unrecognizable and license plates will also not be published when there is (serious) injury involved.
Images made by photographers are placed on this website. The new AVG also applies to photography. Photographs are normally personal data, so the AVG Act applies when we store and publish the images.
According to the law, photos on which a person can be identified without disproportionate effort may not be published or processed unless demonstrably permission has been given. However, an exception to those rules can be made for most of the photos on this website because this is a journalistic interest. However, there are also photos on this website where a journalistic interest is not directly applicable. For the publication of a photo, we consider whether: a person is directly or indirectly identifiable from the photo, there is a journalistic interest or, in the most favorable case, there is permission from those involved.
With photos that are made in public spaces there are often many people to be found on the images made. Usually these people are not identifiable from the photo, so the AVG does not apply to these photos.